For this week, I’ve seen a few things come and go.
1. At the top of my list is the WIP, tentatively titled Half-Blood, and NO, it’s nothing to do with vampires *shudders* (If I hear anything about vampires, I think I’ll puke). It’s an adult fantasy and I ended the rough draft (although with as slow as I write, my “rough” drafts are more akin to most people’s second drafts) at just under 102,000 words. Now, I’ll give it a pass through, make some changes consistently remarked on by all three reviewers of the first chapter that’s been up at OWW for the last month and post the updated chapter, and then put it aside for a while. I have several other projects to work on, besides a synopsis and query for it.
The next project in line is the massive LEGEND OF THE WHITE DRAGON: LEGENDS, LEGACIES, DESTINY (currently my free e-serial). I got a print copy from Lulu to edit in paperback. I decided, though, that it’s cheaper to use Createspace for the final print version, and I can keep the cost more reasonable with the Pro Plan, although it will only be available at Amazon. omgthemacmillanauthorkillersamazon! pffft! It would cost too much for anyone to buy it otherwise. This way, I can keep the cost at $19.99 and still get some royalty from it. Besides, I’ll make the full version available in ebook from smashwords and direct to Kindle.
PROOF READERS WANTED!! Your only payment, besides an ARC of LOTWD to mark up, is a free final version print copy signed by me (I may still consider doing a limited edition hardcopy print from Lulu, but don’t quote me on this–it depends on the interest level, but it would be a great payment to those who proof read for me). This is your traditional swords and sorcery fantasy, but no orcs, dwarves, or elves in this one, and there’s actually a hint of technology from an immortal race that stays hidden, but you won’t see a hint of that until you get into the LEGACIES part, which is what’s currently running on my website >:) And then it’s masked a bit so it’s not a total blow to the setting of the world.
After that, I may give HB another look. After that, it’s back for another pass of the SA books done before heading into #3 again to write that one. For some reason, while I’m working in LOTWD, I get inspired for the SA world. *shrugs* Not sure why, but the very first story came to me while writing in that world and now the two seemed to be linked in my mind. I’m hoping that while I’m editing LOTWD, my mind will be untangling the plot that doesn’t want to be quite clear for #3.
And by the time I finish writing #3, I hope to have LOTWD edits back from whoever’s reading it at that point. My mother-in-law will be the final reader, as she’s been a copyeditor at a small town newspaper and is good at catching those final little errors. This is why I don’t plan to have it done until Thanksgiving of this year.
2. Second big accomplishment is my youngest’s birthday. She turned 3 yesterday. I can’t believe it’s been three years since I delivered my last child. I’m grateful, but wish i could get rid of the baby belly…oh, the scars of motherhood
3. I had a riding lesson on Tuesday, which I posted about on my online riding journal (aka LiveJournal), so I won’t go into details. But I will say that the metronome I ordered is on its way. I’m looking forward to having it to keep me and Beau on the right tempo for where we are now, although, as my instructor told me, that will change over time too. When the time comes, we’ll adjust it.
4. I’ve caught up on my magazine reading. For now, I have one magazine on the shelf. I tend to go in streaks, letting them pile up, but that happens pretty quickly when you get three a month–Parents (which I’m letting run out at the end of the current subscription) and Dressage Today and Equus. Catching up is an accomplishment for me 8D
5. Just sold three NWC member DVDs on ebay as I was typing this. Go me! Granted, when you think about it, they cost me $20 each (one a month for $20/mo membership), but $15.50 is better than nothing!
That’s about all that happened this last week. I need to give Beau his monthly allergy shots tomorrow and Sunday we have family coming to celebrate youngest’s birthday. She’s my horse girl, so she’s getting a big plastic horse with the brushable mane and tail from us. I figure we spent the money to get a (cheap) digital media player for oldest last month so it’s only fair to spend almost as much on youngest to get her something she’d enjoy. So glad the holidays and most birthdays are done. I have one daycare kid with a summer birthday, along with DH and I–all three of them in July. Birthdays tend to be clustered around here, but at least there aren’t any expensive holidays in July!
Oh, and to top it off, this became available for viewing this last week: